Why do you need to thinkstory?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News update March 2019!
- Spring has finally sprung! To celebrate this time of new growth I’m offering FREE 20-minute coaching consultations. This is a limited time, limited space offer, so please contact me as soon as possible.
- My book From Audience to Zeal: The ABCs of Finding Crafting and Telling a Great Story is out! Get the book readers are calling “a treasure chest,” “compelling,” and “a masterclass that’s accessible to a beginner and to a master of the craft” You can order from Amazon for both the paper and Kindle versions.
- I am co-teaching Right Livelihood Professional Training with Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg. This 110-hour training is mostly online and will help you identify, hone, and strategize the work of your heart. Spaces are filling up, so if you’re interested PLEASE sign up soon.
- I’m working on a book tour schedule now. If you’re interested in bringing me to your organization, conference, event, town, bookstore, library, community or school, please get in touch!
- If you book work for the second or third quarter of 2019 by April 30, 2019 and mention this offer, I will give you either 10% off your services or a free coaching session. Either way, it’s a significant value. Contact me soon, this is a limited time offer!
- I’m expanding my coaching work. If you are looking for affordable, creative, compassionate, clear-headed coaching, I’m available in person or via Skype/Hangouts/etc. Let’s talk.
- If you want more stories in your life or you love the work I do, please support my Patreon. As little as $3/month will get you inside updates, while $5 gets you a monthly story and $15 gets you a personalized signed copy of my book!