Why do you need to thinkstory?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News update winter 2019!
- My book, From Audience to Zeal: The ABCs of Finding Crafting and Telling a Great Story is out! You can order copies here with code FREESHIP for free shipping, or from Amazon for both the paper and Kindle versions.
- I’m working on a book tour schedule now. If you’re interested in bringing me to your organization, conference, event, town, bookstore, library, community or school, please get in touch!
- If you book work for the second or third quarter of 2019 by April 30, 2019 and mention this offer, I will give you either 10% off your services or a free coaching session. Either way, it’s a minimum of $125 in value. Contact me soon, this is a limited time offer!
- I’m expanding my coaching work. If you are looking for affordable, creative, compassionate, clear-headed coaching, I’m available in person or via Skype/Hangouts/etc. Let’s talk.
- As you know I will again be co-teaching Right Livelihood Professional Training with Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg. This 110-hour training is mostly online and will help you identify, hone, and strategize the work of your heart. Spaces are filling up, so if you’re interested PLEASE sign up soon!
- If you want more stories in your life or you love the work I do, please support my Patreon. As little as $3/month will get you inside updates, while $5 gets you a monthly story and $15 gets you a personalized signed copy of my book!