Why do you need to thinkstory?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News update September 2019!
- It’s time to go back to school! Because the autumn is all about learning, I’m offering FREE 20-minute coaching consultations. This is a limited time, limited space offer, so please contact me as soon as possible.
- The Audience to Zeal Workbook is out! This is the companion book to From Audience to Zeal: The ABCs of Finding Crafting and Telling a Great Story, which readers have called “a treasure chest,” “compelling,” and “a masterclass that’s accessible to a beginner and to a master of the craft” The workbook is full of useful exercises for all kinds of applied storytellers and is designed to be used hand-in-hand with the larger text.
- I’m touring California and Florida in the next few months. If you’d like coaching, consulting, or performances without the worry of travel costs, please get in touch!
- I’m expanding my coaching work. If you are looking for affordable, creative, compassionate, clear-headed coaching, I’m available in person or via Skype/Hangouts/etc. Let’s talk.
- If you want more stories in your life or you love the work I do, please support my Patreon. As little as $3/month will get you inside updates, while $5 gets you a monthly story and $15 gets you a personalized signed copy of my book!