Why do you need to thinkstory?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News updates 16 March 2017!
- Asking the right question the right way can make the difference between innovation and shutting someone down. Some tips are in my latest newsletter.
- Spring has sprung! Here are some tips to bloom into a better storyteller.
- I’m finally launching my thinkstory facebook page. If you have a chance please give it a like. Thank you!
- I have work in Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, South Carolina (I’ll be performing at the Stone Soup Festival!), Northlands Storytelling Conference, Atlanta, Washington DC at the Grapevine Coffeehouse, Chicago (two gigs, details soon) and more over the next two months. If you are interested in them or in booking consulting, a house concert or workshop please let me know.
- I’m finalizing my first storytelling book, The Storyteller’s ABC. If you have any ideas for topics now is the time to let me know!