Why do you need to thinkstory?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News updates late summer 2017!
- It’s been a busy year and it’s not over yet! Lots of gigs and adventures coming up.
- I’ve relocated to Minnesota, so if you live in the upper Midwest and are looking for help with your organization’s story, I’m your new neighbor!
- I’m expanding my coaching work. If you are looking for affordable, creative, compassionate, clear-headed coaching, I’m available in person or via Skype/Hangouts/etc. Let’s talk.
- I will be performing my award winning show, Fairy Tales for Grown Ups, at the Indianapolis Fringe Festival this month! If you’re anywhere near Indy and would like to come, here is more information.
Additionally, while I’m in Indy I’d love to work with you. If you would like compassionate, clear coaching; a house concert or other performance; or consulting work, please let me know.
- I’m still on the road. I’ll be in Maine, California, Washington D.C., and other places over the next few months. I’m also taking a road trip from New Jersey to Minnesota in September. If you’re interested in working together or even just getting a cup of tea, let me know!