Why do you need to think story?
Human beings tell stories. It’s what we do when we’re children, when we chat while standing in line with a stranger and when we discuss projects at work.
Stories help people learn, digest and share information. They move us, inspire us, and help us be more creative. Stories seal teams and transmit culture. Stories convey the knowledge needed in today’s business environment far more effectively than the usual business tools can alone. A well-told story makes facts and figures come alive in a way that a slide show cannot.
When businesses and non-profits capitalize on our storytelling nature, it is inevitable that we communicate more effectively, work more efficiently and develop products or services that better meet our customers’ needs. We engage our stakeholders and build stronger organizations. We know who we are, as a company, as employees, as advocates.
When you tell a story, people listen. They remember. And when you listen to your co-workers, employees and customers’ stories, it tells them you care about their needs and input far more than just throwing them an annual party.
thinkstory can help you and your stakeholders develop a constructive storytelling and listening practice. You’ll end up with the tools and training to help each other in the future and to move your organization toward sustainable action.
News updates 27 January 2016!
- I have had the pleasure of delivering several keynote talks and workshops lately. If you are interested in keynotes or consultation please contact me.
- I published recently about storytelling and IP. Check it out!
- Have you read my latest newsletter? Let me know what you think, I want to make sure it’s as useful as possible. And if you didn’t get it please sign up for my mailing list over to the right. I promise never to spam you or sell your name.
- I am honored to announce I have had an article on grief and how to help the grieving published by the Desmond Tutu Peace Foundation. You can read it here.
- If you’re interested in any of my personal journey over the last few months please check out my blog.